Oh dear! What have we here? This is a Bollywood science fiction (and I use that term very lightly!) film that was apparently made in 1967, though it looks more 1950s to me. It was directed by one T.P. Sundaram. It is ostensibly about an astronaut who gets kidnapped to the moon and then has to fight for the moon princess and her kingdom when martians try to invade. The movie is a roaring low-fi spectacle with songs, fights and cheesy cardboard special effects. Spaceship controls are actually steering wheels. If you want some good advice, skip through to the 2 hour 15 minute mark and just watch the glorious action sequence that closes the film. You will see grown men fighting with giant sparklers aboard a crash-landing spaceship. You’ll see robots, a Cyclops, and two men engaged in a lunar surface wrestling match that makes Captain Kirk look like Bruce Lee’s star pupil. You will then see a rhinoceros. If you are not laughing hard enough to burst a vessel of some sort, then I don’t think anything can be done for you!
Photographer and award-winning filmmaker Alessandro Cima offers photography that moves freely between art and documentary. He also produces original short films and writing that covers a wide range of creative expression.
You will also find a collection of original games and animations, some of which are kid-friendly. Then there are the original audio stories for children and the illustrated tales that first found an audience for this site.
- 22 Nov - Bob Dylan’s Interactive Video for Like a Rolling Stone
- 02 Nov - Photo: Backstreet Hollywood Pedestal Sink
- 26 Aug - Photo: Hollywood Coffee Shop
- 10 Aug - Soviet Space Propaganda Posters
- andy - Those who said this was boring obviously never had a proper childhood. Poor souls. Tsk ...
- alok - very confusing
- Barbara - Hello Dave, My husband is an enthusiast for this particular Poe Poem. So much so that he ...
- Johnny Rockz - This story is simply great. It has these gothic elements yet, still has that deeply ...